The US-China Education Trust is looking for General Interns for the 2018 Spring semester.
General Intern – Spring 2018
Posted by: US-China Education Trust
Application Deadline: December 29, 2017 or until filled
Position Start Date: January 7, 2018 or sooner
US-China Education Trust (USCET) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, non-partisan institution dedicated to promoting US-China relations by strengthening mutual understanding through education programs, including conferences, training workshops, exchanges, fellowship awards and nation-wide competitions in China involving American Studies and Data Journalism.
USCET seeks an enthusiastic intern to join its dynamic team. The intern will provide administrative, programmatic, and communication support to all aspects of USCET’s program development and implementation, as well as organizational operations.
1. Assist in organizing and updating USCET contact database and filing systems.
2. Perform research on select U.S.-China issues, preferably in both Chinese and English.
3. Conduct basic written translations from English to Chinese and vice versa.
4. Assist in arranging of travel, lodging, and accompanying of participants in Washington, DC.
5. Assist in the planning and implementation of events and programs in Washington, DC.
6. Assist in external communications, including posting updates on USCET social media platforms, drafting blogs for USCET website, and assisting newsletter production.
7. Opportunities for participation and attendance at various conferences.
8. Other administrative, programmatic, and communication responsibilities as assigned.
USCET internship position requires time commitments of about 24-28 hours/week on a flexible schedule. Interns committing more than one semester are eligible for a stipend after a 3-months performance review.
1. Current graduate or undergraduate student OR recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Demonstrated interest in the U.S.-China relationship.
3. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Mailchimp and Survey Monkey.
4. Excellent writing, editing, and research skills, preferably in both English and Chinese.
5. Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
2101 K Street, NW. 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20037
How to apply
To apply, please send resume, one-page writing sample, and cover letter to <email@example.com> by December 29, 2017.
Cover letter should detail your interest in USCET, how your past experience relates to the above responsibilities, and your available start date. Include your name and the title “General Intern Spring 2018” in the subject line. All attachments should be labelled “First Name Last Name_Document Title” (e.g. Jane Doe_Resume). Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be notified within one week after the deadline.